If you are a leader or page administrator for a non-profit organization (NPO) that is active on Facebook, you may have received an important email announcement recently. If you didn’t, I want to make sure you didn’t miss it.
The email invited me (since I am a page administrator for a couple of non-profits) to apply for the new Ads For Impact Program. I’ll pass along the details from the email and links so that you (or a company you know) also can apply.
What is the Facebook Ads for Impact Program?
First things first, it’s very important to note that there is an application deadline for this program. That deadline is September 15, 2020, so if interested, you should act immediately.
This is a program to help NPOs survive in the midst of this unpredictable time and wanted to find a way to help.
What immediately caught my attention from the email I received (on Labor Day of all days) was that each organization received $10,000 in ad credit. The words “up to” were not found anywhere. Here is exactly what I saw:
The only asterisk I could find was on the landing page and said “Nonprofits must go through a creative review process in order to use the funds granted.”
What Else Do You Need to Know?
- This is TIME-SENSITIVE. You must apply by September 15.
- This program is ONLY for non-profits. You must know your Nonprofit EIN (Employer Identification Number).
- There is a time commitment to complete the required training involved. Plan on at least 2 hours each week for 3 months.
- There will be some type of required creative review process for the fund to be given.
- The application includes a question surrounding your comfort in using the English language since the training is only available in English.
- There is also a question asking if your NPO serves the “Black and/or Latinx community” so I don’t know if one NPO will be given a priority to enter this program over another based on how that question is answered.
- This program is only available in the USA at this time.
- The program starts immediately upon your acceptance into it.
What is Included with the Facebook Ads for Impact Program?
- $10,000 in Ad Credits
- Design Support
- Dedicated Facebook Team
- Weekly Training
- Community Support
How Do You Apply for Facebook Ads for Impact Status?
Head on over to the Facebook Ads for Impact application page and click on any of the “Apply to Join” buttons. You’ll be taken to a one page application with many drop downs that you should be able to complete in 15 minutes or so.
If you accept the time commitment, it’s worth applying for! I’ll keep you posted if any of the NPOs I’m involved with are accepted into the program. One already applied and we know that they should hear back in a few weeks.
Will you be applying? Comment below if your NPO is accepted so we can keep in touch about your training and the process!