If you’re a newbie in the search industry, taking and passing your Google AdWords and Bing Ads certification exams are likely at the top of your to-do list. When I was taking my exams, I scoured the internet looking for resources that would be useful and give me realistic expectations of the exams.
My last post listed my favorite resources for learning PPC. This time around, I have compiled a list of resources for newbies or for those renewing their certifications that I found were useful when preparing to take the exams. I also wanted to put all of these great things in one place so they’re easy to find when you’re studying.
Bing Ads Certification Exam:
- First things first, if you have questions about the Bing Ads Accredited Professional Program itself, check out the Bing Ads Accredited Professional training FAQ page.
- Second, the Bing Ads Courses page will guide you along your studying journey. I found the Bing Ads Courses page to be broken down well into the different categories that coordinated with the exam itself, which is very useful when you’re looking for something specific.
- I found this article on PPC Hero to do a good job answering my questions about the range of topics covered, including some tidbit facts to remember like numbers.
Google AdWords Certification Exams:
- Google requires you to pass the AdWords Fundamentals exam and then an “advanced” exam in an area of your choice. Whether you’re looking to start studying for Fundamentals, or you’re thinking of taking another specialized exam, check out the Google Partners exam study guide page. It has links to study guides, PDF downloads and information galore!
- After looking over the study guides and getting a feel for the material (and how Google likes to word things), I found it useful to watch a couple of YouTube videos and take notes on important topics. Check out this YouTube channel that offers an exam prep as well as two Refresher Hangouts from Google.
- When it came time for me to tackle the Advanced Search exam, I found a Google Partners Refresher Hangout with Fred Vallaeys to be the most helpful resource other than the study guide itself.
- If you’re thinking of taking the Advanced Display exam, here’s a similar Google Partner Refresher Hangout video for Advanced Display.
Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) exam:
- If you’re wanting to get certified in Google Analytics, here’s the FAQ from Google, as well as some training resources. You should review the Digital Analytics Fundamentals course as well as the Google Analytics Platform Principles online course.
- I found the Google Analytics YouTube channel to be full of information that could also be useful for everyday questions as well as for learning the material to take the exam, so make sure you check it out.
- There’s a Google Partners Refresher Hangout video for the Analytics exam as well.
There’s some pretty shady sites out there that swear to have the answers, but I’m not sure I would trust them; I would rather just study up, personally! Best of luck if you’re taking the exams for the first time!